Strategic Planning and Inclusive Excellence Roadmap
Business and Finance initiated a Strategic Planning and Inclusive Excellence Roadmap process in Summer of 2019 with an end goal of identifying Business and Finance Strategic Priorities that are aligned with the goals and priorities of the university by Summer of 2021. The major milestones and inputs of this process include:
- Climate Survey conducted across all Business and Finance departments.
- University releases N2025 Strategic Plan and Diversity and Inclusion Special Report which are used as inputs for future Business and Finance planning work.
- Business and Finance leaders conduct workshops using data from climate survey, N2025 draft and Diversity and Inclusion Special Report to establish a common set of Values and Principles for Business and Finance.
- Business and Finance staff conducted department promise workshops to set departmental level Customer Service Strategies.
- Business and Finance leaders begin Diversity and Inclusive Excellence (D&IE) education series hosted by the Office of Diversity and Inclusion, and establish an Inclusive Excellence Statement for Business and Finance.
- Business and Finance leaders are currently working to establish a Business and Finance Strategic Plan that includes priorities that directly align with the goals of the university and support the Principles and Values of Business and Finance.
- Business & Finance Climate Survey
- University 2025 Goals & Inclusive Excellence
- Business & Finance Principles and Values
- Department Promise Workshops
- D&IE Education Series Begins and IE Statement Development
- Business & Finance Strategic Priorities
In summer of 2019 a climate survey was conducted across all of Business and Finance. The survey, which had a 76% response rate, gave a snapshot of what employees thought about the following:
- Their connection to the University
- Being a part of Business and Finance
- The work relationships in their department
- Their department leadership and direct supervisor
- The customers/stakeholders they serve
- Work and opportunity within their department
We foster trust and transparency through honest, open, respectful and frequent communication.
Customer needs guide our work.
We actively seek to enhance individual and team capabilities.
Each day is an opportunity to demonstrate out commitment to delivering value.
Believe in the Team
We recognize teams are stronger than individuals. We value the unique strengths and abilities of individuals and purposefully connect these to the team.
We create an inviting community of respect, kindness, and encouragement. We spark imagination through diverse ideas.
We believe in innovation and leading from any chair. We learn from mistakes, knowing we are supported.
We enjoy the journey of our work by creating a fun environment.
Customer Service Strategies
Accounting, Finance & Bursar
Automation & Energy Management
Benefits, Retirement, & Risk Management
Budget & Business Analytics
Buidings Systems Maintenance
Business Systems, Emergency Preparedness & Security
Custodial Shop & Integrated Pest Management
Employee Assistance Program
Employee Relations & Compensation
Environmental Health & Safety
Facilities & Operations Business Center
Inventory & Key Shop
Landscape Services & Waste Management
Moving Services & Asset Management
NCard & Passport Services
Parking & Transit Services
Payroll, Accounts Payable & Travel
University Police Department
Print, Copy, Mail & Distribution Services
Inclusive Excellence Statement
We are committed to diversity, inclusion, and equity as a purposeful and conscious fabric of our daily existence. We will demonstrate a welcoming and engaging workplace culture centered on civility, respect, and understanding.
In achieving and demonstrating our guiding principle of Intentional Inclusion and commitment to Inclusive Excellence, our teams will:
Recognize the collective power of individual differences.
Model a welcoming and open climate for the entire UNL community.
Attract and retain diverse talent to enhance the level of service provided to the University.
Create an environment where reporting and timely intervention of intolerance and any form of bias is expected and supported by all team members.
Welcome Diversity and Inclusion education and training.
Live each workday with these values in the forefront.
Business and Finance Strategic Plan
(currently underway - Projected completion date: May 2021)
Business and Finance leaders are currently working to establish a Business and Finance Strategic Plan that includes priorities that directly align with the goals of the university and support the Principles and Values of Business and Finance.